Sunday, May 19, 2024

Unfair

<exerpt from Reuters news story>

 "If it's an unfair election, I think it's going to be contested by either side."

"Rubio, now in his third term in the Senate, is considered a potential candidate to be named as Trump's vice presidential running mate."


Hmmm... What is meant by ~unfair~ 

    Historically, any election that Trump loses is "unfair".

    Rubio is considered a potential running mate for Trump in the 2024 elections.

Any guesses on what Rubio would say constitutes an "unfair" election


Then there is the statement about it being considered unfair regardless of who wins. 

I recall a great deal of disappointment when Trump won the 2016 elections... don't recall anyone raising a cry of unfair although there was, as always, consternation regarding the ruling of the electoral college.

IMPO the electoral college has the potential to make any election unfair because it can override the popular vote. This, by itself, can make my vote worthless.

I am struggling to retain some hope that the system of government by the people can prove out its worth. Most of my struggle is centered around my distrust of politicians

No comments:

Post a Comment